View Single Post
      02-26-2024, 06:57 AM   #24
RichardGM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

@OP if you drive in Comfort mode (assuming the M3 Comp listed in your bio is the car you've bought and therefore it's an auto!), you should find that if you just drive around normally the car will manage the revs well enough to keep you under the 4.5k-5k rpm mark.

Obviously you need to avoid putting your foot to the floor so it doesn't kick down or run to a high rpm under heavy acceleration.

I actually didn't have an issue - it's more of an inconvenience that anything else. I took mine out for some scenic drives around the Somerset countryside, like Cheddar Gorge and some of the rolling B roads near Dartmoor. That way you can still get some real enjoyment out of the car as you're still doing a decent speed, just in higher gears and without hard acceleration.

Towards the end of my running in period I was a bit gutted to see it tick over from 999 to 1,000 miles, as it's a nice feeling driving around in a brand spanking new M3/M4 with super-low mileage!
Appreciate 2