View Single Post
      08-30-2022, 11:15 AM   #36
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

It's definitely going to be interesting to see what hybrid options (if any, vs full EV) BMW comes out with over the next several years. California has decreed there will be no more new ICE vehicles sold in the state as of 2035, and depending on which bill you look at they also included none will be allowed to be registered in the state at the same time. That's a significant if subtle change in language and I haven't read the whole thing yet to see which side of the line hybrids fall under, but given the market for California I can imagine a manufacturer taking steps to prepare their lineup for that eventuality. As the saying goes - Where CA goes, the rest of the US tends to follow.

I just really, really, really can't stand the miniature billboard look of the ID8 screen on the dash. My G82 goes into production September 12th (FAR sooner than I'd expected to order it, actually) but it means I'm guaranteed to get the last of the ID7 screens. If they do something to significantly change that look for ID9, maybe I'll swap out for a hybrid M4 w/ ID9, we'll see. I think this will be the last one I buy for a while though.

In the meantime I'll keep parking my G22 M440 in the "hybrid / green / fuel efficient vehicles only" spots .
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 5
Limegrntaln13683.50
Rux656.00
RoGo330i145.50