03-29-2022, 10:46 AM   #21
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxs1687 View Post
Passport BMW in MD huh?

Hmm. Before I bought a BMW years ago, I bought a Lexus from Passport Toyota next door and that place absolutely sucked. One of the worst experiences. Refused to honor promises...an extra key, oil changes, etc. I wrote angry emails to the owners of Passport about the whole experience, who had passportbmw email addresses. Never got a response/call/nothing. Maybe the BMW dealer is better than Toyota...prob is but I told myself I'd never go to any passport dealer again anyway. 🤷🏽‍♂️

BMW of Silver Spring and BMW of Catonsville have been great.
I know Passport is involved with the capital area CCA chapter, so that may factor into these ratings. (I live in Howard County, so I haven't had the opportunity to go to Passport in person.)

I've been servicing my cars at Catonsville for years and haven't had any issues there. But with my G80 order, I can't say I was too impressed with either Silver Spring or Catonsville. The former was very non-committal about pricing, and the latter was happy to accept an MSRP order, but subsequently told me they would require a $5k surcharge for my Dravit Grey option (which is only semi-Individual and does not normally induce long delays), on account that it would postpone delivery and therefore reduce their throughput of M cars and therefore threaten to reduce their future allocations. I thought that was BS and found other dealers to place my order with instead.