View Single Post
      11-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #16
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwoodCC View Post
One of the main benefits that I am loving about the RC is change in sound of the car. As we all know, one of the main complaints on the G80s is how quiet it is. I'm not the type that wants an obnoxiously loud exhaust, but I was thinking about doing a $3K-$5K exahaust system just to get a little more sound out of the car. Now with the RC, I might not need it! IMO, the sound might be just right now. In SPORT+, it feels like someone turned up the volume ~30%, and now I am noticing pops more frequently. Not the loud gunshot level pops, but the quiet muffled kind, perfect for me. Noticeable from inside and outside the car. Just sounds like it should have from the start!

Also, got my bluetooth connection working. I had to delete all my bluetooth connections, reinstall the app, and start fresh. I can control it from my iphone now, which is nice. Now I have to reconnect my long list of bluetooth connection, ugh.

Ive been running RC since my F90, F93, and 2 G80's- all map 7 and all with perfect gains for me. What does this mean? This means its a simple bang for the buck for those who want to plug, play, and walk away vs getting into advanced mapping, boost, and fuel along with hardware.

But your sound "feel" increase is just that as RC does not have access to internal speaker sound or hardware adjustments. What its probably doing is creating a more aggressive driving experience for you which makes your foot heavier and rpms come up quicker. The G8X sounds much better as the RPM's go up and thus the sound is more prevalent due to aggressive driving. The RC definitely creates a more "fun" experience in safe conditions.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
JTO245276.00
Kaiz3n0.00