01-11-2021, 09:07 AM   #46
N54MPower
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinconHeat View Post
This simply isn't true. There are plenty of slightly older Porsche models that price compared with the hideous new BMW models. Furthermore, nearly ANY professional driver or enthusiast will and have gone on record to say that the 911 and largely the 718 are superior drivers cars (m2cs aside).
What's not true? That Porsche does not make a new car with a similar performance level and practicality at the same price as the G8X? Your answer just proved the point I was making. If we're comparing used cars, then that opens up a world of options. As I said, that is not an apple to apple comparison. In addition to which most G8X's in North America will be leased from new with incentives that subsidize the barrier to entry for most. Porsche, Audi, and MB aren't nearly as aggressive on the lease deals as BMW. That's not even an option on a used car.

Furthermore, a car that is designed as a sports car from the beginning should, in fact, be a better driver's car than a car designed as an everyday passenger car that is then modified to be a performance variant. Yes, every Ferrari, Lamborghini, or Porsche sports car I've driven are superior driver's cars as they should be. None offers the package and performance that the M3/M4 offers at a relatively affordable price. You don't like the grill, don't buy it. I don't love it either, but that's not the point.
Appreciate 0