View Single Post
      02-08-2024, 05:23 PM   #47
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
I realize this will be unpopular choice among the forum purist crowd, but if it were me I think I'd get a new C8. I have contemplated both choices (used R8 and new C8) and came to the conclusion "if" one could get (find) a base C8 - for at or near sticker price - it would be one helluva' bargain bang for the buck. Moreover, a used R8 is a little dated IMO from the perspective of technology. Don't get me wrong though, because I recognize the R8 (especially the later V10 variant) is also one helluva' capable car in almost any arena. However, the C8 lets you "laugh all the way to the bank", and if one were to purchase a new, base C8 at a decent price, the factory warranty provides some peace of mind. A low mileage, used C8, could also be considered IMO.
Come to SoCal, there are plenty of C8's on the market these days, 155 used ones and 97 new ones in a 100 mile radius of me right now in fact and some amazing deals to be had, but that is part of the problem is that it isn't very rare and will likely depreciate the most of the cars I have listed, but it is probably the best bang for the buck sports car out there and no wonder there are so many out there to choose from....it is still on my short list of cars to consider though for sure...some dealers are even selling Z06 ones for close to MSRP riight now.

Definitely a buyers market right now
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6731.50