View Single Post
      05-29-2023, 02:28 PM   #602
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
The manufacturer, not the retailer, determines the return and refund policy for over 150 brands we work with. This is a common practice among most vendors.

As a retailer, our role is to facilitate communication between you and the manufacturer, and we do our best to persuade them to grant you a refund.

In your case, the manufacturer has offered to accept the item back for testing or replace it for free.

We are shouldering all the shipping costs related to your order, including the original shipping, and refunding you the profit we earned from this sale.

I have not profited from this sale and am covering multiple shipping expenses out of my pocket. While I understand this may not be the ideal resolution you were hoping for, it would not be fair to expect me to provide a full refund, as I am not the manufacturer.

We proactively placed a disclaimer on our website months ago, explicitly advising G8x customers against purchasing this controller due to known issues. We did this to avoid precisely this kind of situation, where our customer is dissatisfied, and our capacity to rectify the problem is limited. Our primary aim is to ensure the best possible experience for our customers, and we regret that situations like yours do the opposite.

Cgs response to me stated that he couldn't offer a refund because I was out of warranty. I had asked for a refund when was in warranty instead of repairing but that was my only option then. X-ph has great support and been helpful. I'd expect CG to refund both of us.
Appreciate 0