mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon H View Post
Just finished the install. What a bitch that tmap sensor part is! lol
Found that it was pretty easy to unplug the tmap sensor using one pick to push down on the released tab and another pick to pop the plug off. I had more trouble connecting the JB4 tmap connections. THAT was frustrating.

Previous owner didn't unlock the unit so I'm waiting back from BMS. Or if I can get the previous owner to log in and unlock for me. Any issue driving around until it's unlocked? Does it just default to Map 0?
It will default on the previous map the previous owner had; depending on his mods, it might be unsafe to push your car with the JB4 until it's changed. You are safe if you drive moderately (under 3K RPM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
Am I missing something here, but why would a dealership install this thing knowing that BMWNA wouldn't cover your blown motor if that happened? I thought dealerships only did installs on OEM parts. Especially not piggy back tuning devices.

Some dealerships install aftermarket parts but considering that they will cover it with an extended warranty, I don't see why you would want to pay the dealership hourly rate when you get any mechanic to do it for half the price.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0