View Single Post
      03-27-2023, 09:52 PM   #7634
sljblk4est
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4C RWD

Garage List
This last weekend, I installed my H & R Lowering Springs, front & rear. It wasn't too bad of a job, except for those damn inside Bolts on the rear suspension arms. It was a TOTAL PITA getting those out! They must have been an interference fit, because they surely weren't a slip fit. Had to back them out all the way with combination of Impact driver, socket and end wrench. Definitely needed 2 floor jacks to do this job. The only casulty was the Drivers Front Level Sensor. The YouTube video that I watched did not mention taking that of before dropping the suspension arm. I was able to use some JD Weld 2 part epoxy to reattach the very end of the arm. Fortunately, these parts don't have a lot of stress on them. I ended up ordering a new BMW part form Northwest BMW for about $40. I was kind of surprised by the price of the actual BMW OEM part... Thought it would be about $75-100.
I could not find anyone to do the spring replacement for less than $1000 here in Tucson, so I recruited my neighbor to help me do this. Definitely a 2-person job!

While I (we actually) was doing that, I (we) also installed new EBC YellowStuff Brake Pads, front & rear. I am so over the BMW OEM Brembo brake dust generators that BMW calls brake pads! This part of the activity was not so bad to do.
After installations, I had to go and break in the break pads with a couple semi-panic stops from about 35-40 MPH. After about 60 miles, I did a couple of full panic stops from about 60 mph. Not sqeaking or squealing, the car just STOPPED!
As far as the ride difference with and without the lowering springs, I didn't notice a difference. I understand that it may take a few hundred miles to "settle in". I will update this post if there is any significant change down the road. The ride height is pretty "sinister" (my son-in-laws words...lol). The drop was about 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" front and rear. The tire gap now looks like it should have been from the factory.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
'Cane8540.00
chicagofan0019155.00
T0RM3NT3642.00
m4ml1834.00
amet520.00
Limegrntaln13477.50
OwnerF16852.00