View Single Post
      04-12-2021, 11:26 AM   #58
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by six75LT View Post
yeah i can understand having a weekend car but cant understand the daily being something that is worlds apart. daily needs to be fun too, even if sitting in traffic 90% of the time. more power to you if you can go from one end of the spectrum to the other and be okay with it tho
I'm all about having the right car for the right job. So when I was looking at a daily, I wanted it to do something that frankly none of my older M's can do: Comfy, must be hyper reliable, have enough tech, cheap parts ect ect... I ended up with a 2016 Toyota Tundra Platinum. Let's be clear, I wouldn't consider this a beater vehicle (although I did have a 97 4Runner before that and it was a tank, paid and sold it for $3k).

Not only is it more truck than I'll never need, I know this thing will last for decades to come assuming gas doesn't become unobtanium. The thing can carry my 2 dogs and camping gear on a trip, has cooled and heated seats, I take it to Lowes all the time (just used to it to haul mulch yesterday) ect ect.. I absolutely love it. I've had it for 2 years and I've had 0 regrets so far.

Having said that, what cars I pick is dependent on weather and situation, rather than what day of the week it is. If they're calling potential hail, you know my BMW's will be tucked away in the garage. But I drove the E36 M3 to work for example, it was a nice way to start the week.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
Gregrobin578.00