View Single Post
      03-11-2021, 08:56 PM   #61
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
The fact that BMW had to pay for an interview defending their design to be advertised speaks volumes in my opinion.

Regardless of sales, the entire marketing of this generation has been abysmal, and the designers attitude and opinions reflects that. Just let the cars sell, and take the criticism (whether good or bad) and improve upon it, the stubbornness is not a good look on BMW. The best strategy is to always listen and to adhere to customers, not to tell them that their opinion is wrong or that they shouldn't feel a certain way. Customers will choose how they feel (positive or negative), regardless of what Dukec and Hooydonk think and tell them they should be doing.
100% agree.

I want to re-emphasize that the most disturbing thing here is not the hideousness and disfigurement of the front grill or the design as a whole, it's the new leadership culture at BMW. They accept and encourage denigration, criticism, and moking of various groups of people. This is really disturbing. Dukec and his crew are literally the textbook definition of narcissism and given his background, comments, and behavior, I have no doubt that he harbors bigoted views. That is the reason why I will absolutely, positively boycott any of his designs and vehicles.
Appreciate 3
Vivek.1367.50
jmack548.50
GERMAN M34181.00