View Single Post
      08-29-2020, 03:12 PM   #40
cheveux
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M4

This is just my opinion:
It is a pity that this is happening to the most iconic BMW model. I don't see anything BMW in this car, I do see an "Instagramable" car. A car that will sell for the hype of the controversy. For thinking it's a step forward when it is, at best, just a step aside. It is not an evolution. It is the stepping out of the line that was being drawn over the years, without need for that.
It seems to me a design made by laziness, stealing from here and there: Rear lights of a Lexus, headlights of a Giulia, grill badly stolen of the 1930s, and a lack of respect for the aggressiveness that an M3 / M4 must have. The front bumper is a joke. There is no intelligent air opening, no aggressiveness, no "WOW" factor for those who see it through the rear view mirror. It's just ugly.
Of course it will sell. It will sell because it is advertised as a step-up, as a break in the routine. But it is not. It's just pathetic. Its ugly. It's disrespectful. It's a 2020 car, unfortunately: Egocentric, influencer and spoiled by his parents.

But it has a spectacular engine.

Appreciate 8