01-27-2022, 02:39 PM   #8
Likeanowl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3/ Yas Marina Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2022M4COMP View Post
I just wanted to share a few things I wish I had known when starting my order process in regards to BMW genius. If anyone has anything to add please do so below.

First, BMW genius is quiet possibly the worst computerized AI customer service you will ever experience in your life. I apologize if you have not found these tips sooner. I don't know what the head at bmw were thinking when they developed this program. It is in the worst British accent, and it cuts out every other word.

The system asks you to say "agent" to which you to, only to just repeat itself 5 more times. No combination of buttons seems to work.
You are stuck in an endless cycle of trying to get a human and all you have accomplished is pissing your self more off, while just tying to get some info on your car.

So here is what I've learned calling all the time.

This first tip is from the user Merlin, when you first call just button mash #9#9 over and over again until it says please wait for an agent.

My second tip is while you wait on hold forever, attempt to press 1, sometime I don't know why only sometimes, but sometimes it will trigger a prompt allowing you to save your place in line.
You then will go through a prompt of questions which in shorthand will be: 1,1,1,2
First press=asking for a callback
Second press= do you want us to call you back on this number
Third press= confirming your phone number
Fourth press=1 for an extension, 2 for no extension.

Now I have had the genius call me back about 50% of the time which is very frustrating as they claim to save your spot in line. So if they tell you it's less than 15 callers in front of you, I'd just wait (the system only says this sometimes idk why)

Now for my most useful tip, call around 7PM central time!

Usually no wait and you get through to someone very fast. Now they aren't of much help but at least you can talk to someone with ease. From what I can see the worst time to call is in the morning. The only caveat to this is if you want to be transferred to another department they may have left for the night, such as financial.

Anyways like I said if you have any other top tips be sure to share them for all to know!

I’ve called probably 2 dozen times and never had any of that happen. I think I only have had to wait for an agent once on an apparently busy day. Every other time I’ve been talking to someone within 2 minutes of calling. I think you’re calling either the wrong line or just have terrible luck.
Appreciate 0