peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalJon View Post
Alright... the two of you have been helpful, thanks!

Part of what I'm trying to do is to simplify this to just a handful of products that I can use for preservation/protection and light cleaning without creating a complicated routine.

How about interior? (Beige Sensatec)

To continue the profile - two adults, no kids. We're pretty clean people with no really messy hobbies (except hiking), but we live in SoCal, so sunscreen is always a concern. While we don't habitually eat/drink in the car (meaning, that our daily routine does not include coffee/donuts or soda/burger), we don't have an outright prohibition against food, either. (However, eating cheetos while riding in a car with beige sensatec interior will be outright prohibited!)

Additionally, while it will take a couple of weeks to get it scheduled and completed, we do intend to install llumar Air80 on all glass surfaces for UV & heat protection. Great Choice, I did the same for my front windshield and it helps drastically, imo.

I'm thinking of doing something like CarPro InnerQD on a regular (2 week? 4 week?) basis from the beginning -- using it on pretty much all of the interior surfaces (trim, screens, dash, handles, etc.). It's attractive to me because they suggest that it can be used on every interior surface, has a matte finish, and some antistatic properties to help repel dust. I use this exact product or Gyeon's version on it named Interior Detailer. However, I do not suggest either of those for the tach screen. So far, I have not found a single product that does not leave streaks or residue on the tach screen besides a damp microfiber with water and lightly cleaning the screen.

At some point down the road, a heavier cleaner (CarPro Inside?) may be needed for more heavily soiled components. Yes, I use CarPro Inside for heavily soiled areas such as the wife spilling her Starbucks Coffee on cupholders, lol. Another option is the P&S Xpress Interior Cleaner.

Questions:
1) Does that plan seem reasonable? (or overkill/not-enough?) See Below
2) Should I be doing a UV protectant first? If so, what? This is the only think I believe you are missing and should be done at least once a month, or once a quarter in your case at the bare minimum. I use 303 Aerospace / Automotive Protectant to add UV protection to all surfaces at least once a month. For weekly washes/maintenance I will use the aforementioned products.
3) Is InnerQD a good "best bang for my buck" product that will work on multi-surfaces? Yes, I think so. Static inhibitors do help, especially when driving with open windows.

Additionally:
A) How about the leather steering wheel -- InnerQD OK there, or should I use a different product? For maintenance I think InnerQD is ok. BUT, to start with, you should use a proper leather cleaner and add a leather protectant. The same as you would with the seats and any other leather. I used Gyeon Mild Leather Cleaner and Gyeon Leather care (coating for leather).Additionally, for my peace of mind and since I am OCD on car care, I also coated my sensatec seats.
B) How about the llumar air 80 on my windows -- InnerQD? Or yet another product?Use glass cleaner as normal, such as Stoners which is by far the most known quality product, or my go to CarPro Clarify Glass Cleaner.
See above in BOLD
SoCalJon234.50