06-27-2021, 08:51 AM   #14
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi587 View Post
I didn’t know QV wasn’t going to survive. I’ll have to Google that. If so then I might buy a used one instead of getting into a G80 M3. Value for the QV will be retained or go up considering its limited numbers and Ferrari engine. If anything then I’ll wait 2-3 years and lease a G80 M3 when deals are better.
The last time I did any homework on this, the 2022 Giulia QV will be a 100% carryover from 2021 with no changes. After 2022, there is a lot of uncertainty on what is actually going to happen.

The true future of Alfa Romeo's lineup is still unclear. IIRC, the new Stellantis CEO said he would give a lot of the struggling brands (Alfa considered one of them) 10 years to turn themselves around. There have been a lot of comments from the Stellantis and Alfa Romeo leadership about wanting to keep and build the brand as their top Italian luxury sports brand. The unknown part is just how in the hell they expect to do that in 10 years when they will be forced to use the new Stellantis EV platform.

What I mean by that is, anytime I google anything about this, all I keep finding is how Stellantis has this new STLA Large EV platform centralizing so many of their vehicles. Without knowing much about that platform or how Alfa can possibly retain its racing and sporty feel while being on the same platform as so many other non-sporty cars... my plan is to get a fully loaded last year model of their outgoing platform which is an absolute dream to drive.

Similar to my want for the G80, I consider the M3 and QV to be some of the last great ICE cars before we move into hybrid or total EV territory. I have nothing against hybrid or fully electric vehicles, but I do love a nice sounding engine note and the driving experience they offer. I fully expect my next new car after these will be fully EV and I also hope that in the years I own these cars, BWM, Alfa, and the rest have figured out how to bring the same driving dynamics of the ICE cars into the EV realm.