Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
As an owner, they are trash but every one keeps using track tests to create that issue. Who the fuck tracks a 5000 lb car LOL. I dont light foot my car but fuck; I aint stupid either- it needs help but only really on a track. So again of course it needs better brakes but in what environment? The one where it really should never be in

Its physics as well since the car that gets to that speed that fast and has so much heft is obviously going to burn shit brakes. In reality the brakes on my Plaid could easily handle a G80 car and its hp plus weight in the real world.

Im still laughing at why people want to track a Plaid. From everyone that owns one, the results are brilliant and now there is one in the 8's and thats at a strip. Lets be clear that I have quite a few nice ICE cars but I had to get this car for the novelty. And I frankly love the way it rips the world apart. Anyone who gets to 160 plus (software limited) without the power the Plaid has-- has a long haul.

Edit: found this on the net and it empirically supports my assertion about this car and its issues with brakes:

Oh this is interesting as the power really allows the car to catch up in the straights. Yet again a track test with a car that pushes 49XX lbs.
Because Im stupid enough to go 200 in Mexico, if the car is capable. And it accelerates to way too fast for the brakes it has. If you cant come down in the 1/4 from 150ish, Id be scared to drive it, anywhere near those speeds, anywhere else.

Appreciate 0