Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Transporter View Post
I bought the controller also and plan to install it next weekend! Did it give you any trouble? Mine didn't come with any instructions in the box lol. How much of an increase would you say it is over just the standard M1 button opening of the valves?
Install was a breeze.
Jacked up the car and crawled under to undo the connectors and to bolt on the controller to one of the brackets.
I forgot to bring the wire coat hanger, but it wasn't necessary.
Just plug the two connectors for the passenger's side and feed them through the heat shield. Came out the other side in like 5 seconds.

Mine is set to Factory (default) - Open (when on).
I always start the car (cold startup), hit the M1 button then hear the exhaust get louder, and then hit the Homelink button to activate the VSC and I'd say it gets equally louder when I hit the M1 button.
Exhaust note gets noticeably deeper in tone.
It's not night and day, but I think you'll be satisfied with the increase in volume.
Thanks, glad to hear! I bought the one where the flaps are open unless activated. Yeah I noticed hitting m1 is much nicer on the ears. Still needs more but it's an audible difference and I'll take it for now lol. Wonder why m2 doesn't do that even though I have the exhaust setting the same for both.
Appreciate 0