curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_P View Post
Not having driven an AWD version of the M3/M4, I couldn't speak to how it feels from the driver's seat compared to its RWD siblings. Perhaps the extra weight in the AWD platform is noticeable and detracts from the driving experience. If someone has real world experience, I'd like to hear, because I'm halfway through my lease. But FWIW, the published lap times indicate that AWD is not a liability and in some cases, may produce slightly quicker times.

Of course, when you're comparing luxury street cars turning laps at a noncompetition track day event, and the delta between them with the same driver *might* be 1 second a lap, you also need to stop and ask, "who cares?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
I find the RWD version much more enjoyable than the AWD version but it's not a fair comparison since M4C Vert vs CSL, I will be receiving a 6MT M3 at the end of this month so should be interesting to compare.

BMW did such a good job that the only real drawback from the heavier AWD version is running cost aka tires and brakes and later on axles, diffs etc if your regularly pushing it on track. I have other AWD SUVs for daily stuff so I prefer having a RWD car as a fun car even if it isn't the absolute fastest but I understand for ppl looking for the do everything car the G8X is the ultimate offering on the market now.
There's some extra weight yes but having the ability to switch from AWD to RWD is pretty cool
Appreciate 0