11-23-2021, 09:22 AM   #29
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
^^^ This!

There's more to a "muscle car" that 0-60 acceleration times. In this modern day and age, there are numerous cars that will flat out embarrass a muscle car in a drag race or most any other contest. Hell, my M550i will embarrass my Cobra in exactly the same way, but I don't consider my BMW a muscle car, which I absolutely do include the Cobra in that categorization.

In my mind, the term muscle car is truly limited to the era of the 1960s-to early 1970s. It implies a big engine with loud exhaust and represents the peak of power for that era. It usually also meant radio delete plates, manual transmissions, and in most (not all) cases, some form of appearance package that uniquely identified the car as something to behold.

I think the closest examples we have today are in the Dodge lineup with the SRT and Hellcat cars. Sure GM's Corvette could be in that group, but GM is really pushing the Corvette more toward the Exotic rather than muscle car designation. Ford has a couple of Mustang models that come to mind as well.

Even the Japanese "hot rods" have a unique classification as "tuners" or "EVOs". Let the EVs of this era come up with their own classification!
I like this guy!

Logic, common sense, and a free thinker!

Then again you're someone speaking from experience such as myself and largely most the EV pushers of this thread and forum have never experienced raw power a large displacement V8 that's boosted can create.

The rawness is absolutely intoxicating and regardless of ET the general feel of a the front tires wanting to make space for air under the tires is just funny.
Appreciate 2
dscabra4960.00
Germanauto9704.00