01-28-2021, 11:49 AM   #675
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
I also had the opinion that they could have let the basic 3 grill on the M3 and the 4 grille to the M4.

But as far as I understood, and correct me if i'm wrong, community was moaning that the M3 can't be distinguished that good from a normal 3 series. Means, add some parts and it somehow looks like an M3 (except the wider track of course).
So now they give us basically a M3 that is nearly completely different than the 3-series and people still moan around.
I do understand why this new grille is controversial.
And to be honest, when I look at the pictures I also think sometimes.."what the hell BMW?" but seeing the car in the flesh, for myself at least, it just fits and looks menacing and really good.
I like it.
In the pics it just looks like as it is 5meters x 5meters big, in reality it's not and the design works together with the rest.

However...there is a massiv waiting line for the order's and altough i ordered in december (ok it's MT with has "less priority" in production) i don't get the car on market launch but 2 months later.
People are buying it.
So it can't be that wrong.
That is what BMW insider Scott said, that American enthusiasts wanted this change. I have been on here since 2009, never once saw anyone complain about the kidney grilles on the M3.

I also, have never wanted the M3 to be even more differentiated from the regular 3 series. The F80 looked perfect with the added M-bits, but some people modded their cars to their personal tastes going for their menacing look. They were able to do so with the aftermarket and make it their own.

BMW could have offered a certain package for those that wanted a certain look, I will never be convinced the entire M3 formula needed to change for people to buy this car.

As for sales, I hope it succeeds, since a manual transmission is on offer and I am also warming up to the looks slightly and hope in person I like it more, but I would have preferred the M340i front with M bits, like the formula has been for decades.

Appreciate 2
Scorp!on1514.50
EXE462100.00