01-28-2021, 08:48 AM   #671
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
I just had a 340i behind me today and it looked so great. I think it is a really nice looking car, give it the M-bits and it would look awesome. Frustrating, that they did not do this, IMVHO.
I also had the opinion that they could have let the basic 3 grill on the M3 and the 4 grille to the M4.

But as far as I understood, and correct me if i'm wrong, community was moaning that the M3 can't be distinguished that good from a normal 3 series. Means, add some parts and it somehow looks like an M3 (except the wider track of course).
So now they give us basically a M3 that is nearly completely different than the 3-series and people still moan around.
I do understand why this new grille is controversial.
And to be honest, when I look at the pictures I also think sometimes.."what the hell BMW?" but seeing the car in the flesh, for myself at least, it just fits and looks menacing and really good.
I like it.
In the pics it just looks like as it is 5meters x 5meters big, in reality it's not and the design works together with the rest.

However...there is a massiv waiting line for the order's and altough i ordered in december (ok it's MT with has "less priority" in production) i don't get the car on market launch but 2 months later.
People are buying it.
So it can't be that wrong.
Appreciate 3
Dr.Deep1827.00
EXE462100.00
heavyD^23688.50