pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahalom3 View Post
Well it all depends, here in SoCal property crime in progress then it would be a priority 2A 10852 VC (Tampering or removing parts from a vehicle etc). I would respond then do a thorough investigation by doing an area check, ask if the bird (Helicopter) is available, attempt to locate any suspect or suspects by having other units set up a perimeter, interview the reporting party or the victim and any witness or witnesses, video surveillance if available. Hope to get a descriptions of the suspects and their DOT. Have ID tech come out to dust for prints and take photographs. Find the suspects, take them to jail. Before you even finish writing your report, they'll be out jail...
If its a past property crime then it would be a priority 3 or maybe even 4A meaning if the crime happened last night and you called to report it the next day. Do the same process without using the bird.
Fingerprints and helicopters for stolen car parts? Seriously? I've never heard of a department doing prints or DNA or any other lab work except in felony crimes against persons.