pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I'm there. I recognize that not all use of force is "pretty". And if it is justified someone could get injured seriously. Or if forced to escalate someone might get dead. I withhold judgement both ways until the evidence is completely in.

I remember the Rodney King incident. The media should be sued into non-existence for their role in the riots and deaths that happened when they showed the short clip of what happened. Did Rodney get a few licks he shouldn't have? Yes. Should some of the cops there have been given demotion and/or remedial training? Yes. But Rodney was clearly a scary dude high on something and brought much of it on himself. He was not an innocent motorist pulled over "driving while black". My guess is had he not resisted he would not have been hit at all. We will never know.

On the flip side if an officer is clearly shown to use inappropriate force I want that SOB in prison for a long time. We accord police a level of power in order to allow them to protect us. One abusing that power needs to be handled harshly. But until it is clear the cop was in the wrong I am inclined to believe the cop over the perp.
Clearly at least some in the media get a sick sense of satisfaction by stirring up controversy, even if it results in violence and destruction. Or maybe especially when that happens. I suppose it gives them a sense of power. They then hide behind the "reporter/observer" ruse, to shrug off responsibility for the consequences of their work. Deplorable.
UncleWede18001.00
jamesinaz1646.50