ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX_M3 View Post
I'm sure this all comes down to $$ - if they build, ship, and deliver cars now, they can recognize the revenue and have a lower cost to build vs. using those parts to get cars (like ours) out of QC and then have newly built cars go into QC to be touched again when they have supply. We all hoped this would be a first-in, first-out with our cars in QC - who knows what's really going on but it seems like we might be waiting a (little? Lot?) while longer…
This makes sense to me. We have to assume that the hundreds of cars from week 43-47 stuck in QC awaiting their parts had to prepped for long term storage and moved to a storage facility god knows how far from the factory they were manufactured. This process costs money and takes time. Therefore, you would not want to follow a first in first out method in supplying the missing parts. Instead, it's much more economical to give the parts to the cars rolling off the assembly line, and only get to the cars stored remotely when there is a surplus of the missing parts that aren't needed on the factory floor. In short, this follows the old adage money talks, bullshit walks. Unfortunately, we are the bullshit in this equation according to BMW.
Yup, we are the bullshit for sure. If I "threaten" to walk away from my G80 and keep my F80, there are a line of people at my dealership who have been waiting for a G80 who'd love the "we have one available, come in tonight and pick it up" phone call…. No sweat off BMW NA or my dealer's back - hell, they might even be able to sell at a higher markup than what I had negotiated as a repeat customer.
Appreciate 0