05-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #76
Boomer 2019
Track Rat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
I have high hopes aftermarket pads will cure some of this situation, I would eat up OEM pads in a weekend or two and ferodo ds2500 last me 3-4 times longer.
Brake pads are going to be a very expensive proposition for people who track these cars for many months into the future, as no aftermarket company is currently manufacturing track oriented pads. I have been searching everywhere I can think of with no luck, and very little info. I have contacted every manufacturer that I am aware of in the industry over the past three weeks, and received a reply from only one, EBC. They told me that though they plan to make pads for these cars, their current expected introduction time frame is sometime in Q1 or Q2 of 2022. Not what I was hoping to hear, and I would wager that the other manufacturers will probably have similar time frames, though I dearly hope to be proven wrong on this.

My local indy shop that I have used for years now has sent out a request to a smaller manufacturer in the hopes that they will agree to make these pads. In order to do this though he will have to provide them with my current BMW OEM's once I have worn them out. Shouldn't take too long. I will keep all of my fingers and toes crossed.

Until track pads show up we are going to be dependent upon BMW OEM non track oriented pads which will probably be short lived, are very expensive at best, and usurious at worst. The best price I have found so far is $537 going up to $692 for front and rear. Ouch!

For those interested the BMW Part #'s are:

Front: 34-10-8-093-705 best price $168
Rear: 34-20-8-093-728 best price $369

Good luck to us all.