View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 07:17 AM   #40
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
How the hell do you guys run somany cars? Insurance here is EYE WATERING. It's be 10K to keep 5 cars on the road.

I am tying myself in KNOTS to go dedicated sports car and own 3 cars or compromise and do an E92 DD and just run 2 cars.
It's dirt cheap here. My current situation is this:
- Tundra on a "normal" insurance policy, comes out to about $120 a month
- All 3 of my M's are insured through Hagerty, for agreed value which is a must for me. It comes out to $140 a month for all 3.
- Property taxes run at about $100 a month if I had to guess for all 4. As cars age, the taxes are less and less, to the point the E36 M3 is about $70 a year.

So all in all, it's not undoable, but this would be impossible say in Europe. Now, maintaining all of them is a completely different story. Knock on wood, all of mine have been behaving, but I'd say that would be the biggest cost out of everything should something go bad.

Also, you're right about looking at cars differently as we age. If you would have told me these would be the cars I would own when I was young, I would have said you're lying. I've just really recently learned to appreciate all that I have (not just cars) and not look elsewhere.

SYT_Shadow , I completely agree with the way you use them. By having many choices and all different cars, it definitely keeps it interesting. I'm at the point where I look at the E36 M3 and think I'd have a great time on the track with it. Might be time to finally go through with it.

ntg44 : You get exactly what I'm saying. Cars from 2010 +-4 years are just a different breed IMHO. They're the ones with plenty of emotion, but can still be maintained, and are still more than fast enough. Great choice!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
ntg442888.50
SYT_Shadow11490.00