View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 05:59 AM   #39
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I'm gonna go all psychologist on the OP.

IMHo this is bigger than cars, you're middle aged, hit most life goals and back of your brain is saying, "wait...is this it...this is all there is?".

Mortality be weighing on your mind.
ha ha, well you are right on the middle aged part...but wouldn't the spectre of mortality make me wanna say F responsibility and get that 458 italia and live in the moment?

But I think you are onto something with the age factor when I think of it...

I think maybe middle aged has more to do with me losing interest in driving in a "spirited manner". Lately i just want to chill out more and have a relaxing drive as opposed to an invigorating drive...I think that happens to some of us as we age (but not all of us clearly has lots of older people have cool fast cars and even track them)

this might explain why I am less interested in getting cooler, faster cars with higher capabilities...I am less interested in exploring those capabilities.

But it was the pursuit of a more engaging invigorating driving experience that was always drove my chase in the past...if I don't care so much about that anymore, might as well get a decently fun car and just chill...
Appreciate 0