View Single Post
      09-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #118
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

This design is going to be extremely controversial. BMW strayed away from the evolution formula more with this car than anything they gave done in several decades. its a unnecessary risk BMW is taking with a cult following model. When companies do these "out of the box" styling moves, it seldom sticks to the entire line. For example the Porsche 996. That design took a massive hit in resale value and has never recovered in the popularity of the corrected 997. Press danced around its looks as much as they could but the real buyers and Porsche faithful gave Porsche the thumbs down and Porsche raced to correct the front end with the 997. Not many of the 911 faithful ever came around even after 2 decades later. On a mass market vehicle like the Subaru Tribeca, it killed its sales. I remember when Jeremy Clarkson called it a "pig in a sock" when it was initially released and that name stuck to the Tribeca. I think the new S-Class design is a disaster so maybe manufactures are testing the waters this year??? The new M3/M4 is a love it or hate it design and will probably not get many to change their initial opinion. I see too many direct similarities to the demographic and the 996. Those that love it and buy it is great as it will never be confused with another model.

Last edited by MystroX5; 09-24-2020 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0