View Single Post
      09-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #112
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by av.7447 View Post
And I will repeat again, this car is beautiful... you are just not ready for it yet... give it a year to sink in

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t the new 911 gain some weight? Yea, I am also upset by the weight of the car, but it’s not really BMWs fault if you think about it. People always want bigger, better and more tech and features... so in the end it’s kind of our fault. I also believe that if you fully option out your new 911 it will also hit close to 4000 pounds... regardless 911 is in another league and does not directly compete with an M4.
I must interject here. The 911 did gain a little bit, mosty because they added 2 inches in width, and added an 8th gear and got the car prepared for a future hybrid (no weight to add later for bracing, etc). It is still quite light by today’s standards. It is not even close to 4000 lbs though even in its heaviest configuration. The 911 Targa (as aforementioned) which has a full glass convertible roof, AWD, and a full load of luxury is only about 3700 lbs (I think the M4 vert with AWD will be 4400 lbs when all is said and done). A Carrera S is about 3350, an AWD 911 turbo is about 3550 by comparison as well. All still a far cry away from the 2 ton mark.
As further comparos go, an M2Competition is about 3650 lbs which is RWD and DCT so really goes to show you how light the 911 really is compriably to some smaller cars with AWD and no convertible motors.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 09-24-2020 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0