View Single Post
      09-05-2021, 07:57 PM   #246
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Revisiting MTC

Trying to catch up from some lost time . . . as I explored ZF8 automatic mode and was pleasantly surprised with the results, I began to think I owed it to myself to more thoroughly explore M Traction Control (MTC).

I previously stated MDM was more than adequate for hooligans. More than capable of getting the tires loose and feathering out rear end slide. I also concluded I saw no value for MTC over MDM on the common roadways.

At this point I have been using MTC set at 5 or 6 in SPORT and SPORT PLUS modes for about a month. Not ready to draw any firm conclusion, but will state I think MTC might be my sweet spot in terms of safe and appropriate hooligans on the roadways.

I tried settings 0 through 4 . . . and found them too loose for the roadways.

For anyone who owned an F87C, you quickly realized that full traction control was an absolute drag; nannies extremely intrusive. MDM mode was must.

G80C full traction control is not nearly as intrusive as with the F87C. Still, MDM mode is better. Even though extremely enjoyable in MDM mode, it is not until you drive with MTC that you fully realize what intrusion MDM nannies are providing. Very difficult to explain and falls under the heading of 'its just one of those things you need to experience.'

I want to emphasize again, MDM mode is fantastic. There just SEEMS to be something a little bit better with MTC settings 5 or 6 . . . provided you want to get a little more out the G80/82 and not be a moving road hazard (settings 0-4).

As I concluded in my prior post with ZF8 automatic mode, MTC is something I think many might find worth 'tinkering' with for a period of time. Would not be surprised if most settled on MDM mode. I think I am close to settling on MTC setting 6.

///AVM
Appreciate 2