View Single Post
      08-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #62
TexasEd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp Xdrive;2020 Nissan GTR

OK I have now installed the PSI midpipe on my 2021 M4 Competition. I ordered the midpipe in early June and it was delivered last week. I was very impressed with the professional packaging. PSI used heavy cardboard and strapping for the container and very substantial bubble wrap for the interior packaging to protect the contents.

The quality of the material and craftsmanship of the welds is first rate. The hanger locations were accurate and the bolt-on flanges were a perfect fitment. The included four clamps were the exact size with a nice snug fit on joining the pipes.

OK now for the install. I am not a young man but rather a guy in his 70's who is in good physical condition. I knew that I could handle the work if I simply took my time which I did do. I backed the rear wheels up on a ramp and used a heavy duty jack with stands for the side of the car to get the clearance that I needed to access the front exhaust flanges. They detached easily as did the hangars (one on each exhaust). I next removed the heavy aluminum plate that supports the rear resonator. In order to cut the two pipes I needed an electric saw which I did not have so I purchased an inexpensive reciprocating saw at Harbor Freight for $29. It was a simple and quick cut. I then attached both the right and left pipes to the exhaust flanges and both hangars. I next slid the pipe clamps onto the front and rear center section pipes and tightened them down. The installation was then complete. The setup was super tight with no wiggle at all. I am happy with my install and while it was not difficult it was a little strenuous for an old man. You young guys can probably handle it with no problem.

OK now for the trial run! I took the car out to a nearby highway for testing where I could drive slowly and then accelerate to higher speeds. All I can say is that I am 100% satisfied with the sound!! It is a vast improvement in all aspects of how the car sounds and accelerates when compared to stock. When driving normally the car is subdued but when accelerating the growl and rumbles show up; when putting the car in sport mode the sound kicks up to a deeper and throatier level. The exhaust that I removed weighed approximately 31 pounds on my scale. I did not weigh the midpipe but I would guess it weighs about 10 pounds.

I can safely state that those who choose to install the midpipe modification will be very happy with the results. I am very picky and was undecided on the modification until I actually drove the car. The midpipe modification is in my opinion money well spent.
Appreciate 2
m20e30871162.50
LuckyBrand1368.00