11-01-2021, 06:52 PM   #23
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Well to be fair, the 6.2 supercharged engine in your hellcat, same case in the corvette world of 6.2SC engines like the LT4/LT5 need little mods to grab insane power. Even on the stock tune.

I would've modified my car more if it was an auto. Not that the manual can't handle it. There are manual C7Z's out there on the stock clutch making 800rwhp. I just didn't want to deal with any more power than i already have, through a manual. Especially with how long my gearing is. You can't really have fun with it unless you strictly roll race. I only need a 3-4 shift whenever i do lol. It's insane but yet dumb how GM put these long gears in these cars.

I'm new to the BMW world so i know absolutely nothing. So that's why i'm afraid to do anything to the car lol. I basically wanna keep it stock but any car i get, i always do something to it. So i know i'll eventually install a part on the M3 when i get it. I just want to enjoy it stock for a bit before i do. But it's definitely clear the JB4/racechip are the best bang for buck for getting insane power. I'm only worried about warranty.
A conservative jb4 map probably won't do much harm to this drive train. Seems like it's pretty over engineered. Given Bmws history I'd be more worried about the chassis falling apart.
Appreciate 0