Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulso View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaffari46 View Post
I have a M5 with frozen red, and I'm extremely happy with the look of the car,.it's take the car to a whole different level. Taking care of of the paint is rather easy, the car doesn't get dirty as much a regular paint, and most of the time just rinsing the car with water do the trick.
I found the best way to clean the paint is by hand free car wash. You should not rub the paint. Either air dry or gently dry with a regular towel ( I was told not to use microfiber). I spent $300 for a layer of ceramic coating and It's worth every penny. it's give extra protection and and you don't need to dry the car after the wash.
Repair is the different story. I have a friend with a frozen grey M5 and had to repair the fender after he hit a deer. He had to send the car to a special shop, but his insurance picked up the tab. Bottom line is if you have a good insurance, don't worry about it.
If you can afford a M car, I think couple of grands for frozen paint would very well worth it.

If you see a M car with frozen paint in your rear view mirror you get what I'm talking about!
So gas station car washes are a no go then? Lately I've gotten too lazy to wash it myself.
Find a hand free car wash in your neighborhood, they are popping up everywhere. I don't take any car to gas station car wash, spinning pads can pick up sands from other cars, and you are done. I learned it in a hard way on my 2011 m3.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00