View Single Post
      12-02-2019, 09:30 AM   #230
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
As much as I'm a diehard BMW fan and a driver for over a decade I am less than pleased with their latest decisions regarding vehicle dynamics and design. I am all supportive of BMW selling grocery getters but they should never bear the M badge.
I think the best solution to this problem is for BMW to make a more expensive variant of the 3 series than the M. With a bigly, shinier, blingier badge. Probably made of 24ct rose gold.

That way the people who just want the 'fullest loadedest' version of the car can donate their cash to BMW and subsidize those of us who actually want a drivers car.

To be honest, I'm sort of astonished at the people, even on this forum, who buy an M-variant car and then spend time complaining it isn't soft/luxurious enough for them and shilling for BMW as they gradually try to make the car more mass-market. Or who personally choose a 335 auto and then post saying that there's no reason for the M3 to have anything better.

M cars were once a pretty unique proposition (and the M-DCT was clear evidence of that) - in 2 years time there will be no difference from an Audi or Merc.
Appreciate 2