View Single Post
      12-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #174
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrm396 View Post
Ya you know something makes me feel like bmw is gonna try and pull a fast one on this model, try and distract people w Ooohs and Aaaaahs, trying to pickup that new clientele base we figure is part of the redesign. I can't help but fear that they've lost the rawness and pureness that an M car used to have and now it's stuffed full of so much god damn worthless electronics ... I could go on but u get the point, this will def be a wait and see and most likely have an M3 CS on back up that I can jump to in a jiffy if this continues to go south.

I want more true driver car, less spaceship. Otherwise I'd just get a reg 5 series.
One thing I’m sure of, it will be nothing like a regular 5 series. One look at any of the ring videos make this crystal clear. The 5 series is a tire torturing, brake melting boat on the track at those speeds. The G80 looks agile and athletic in comparison.

As for rawness I suspect you are right to some degree, my F80 on passive suspension is significantly rawer than my E90 M3 was also on passive suspension. The F80 is stiffer and noisier and the interior materials feel like they are made of varnished cardboard clad in merino leather. The E90 felt all steel and vault like in comparison.

What will the G8X feel like? My guess is that the passive suspension is gone and that the suspension is more comfortable and the car less noisy on the street in comfort settings making it less raw than the F8X in some aspects. Interior feel I guess will remain varnished cardboard
Appreciate 0