03-06-2023, 10:57 AM   #14
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
people have different needs

plenty of space as a daily for me and my gf. roads aren't too bad around here. although if i lived in an inner city like st. louis or chicago its very unforgiving. i like the lack of traction, makes it fun to slide around corners.
I can completely understand that... I just think the car is not very well settled on the stock suspension. Perhaps on a perfect track with smooth roads it is... however, I took it on backroads in more rural areas with tons of curves, relatively smooth roads and while the engine / transmission performed perfect; the chassis / suspension itself was wildly disappointing... to the point where I was confused it was an M car.

It had wild up and down motions on a number of roads, the back end would come out if pushing harder and it just felt far too on edge... like all it wanted to do was drift. 15 year old stock corvettes with their longer chassis were running away from me because i was worried about pushing harder... not sure what to make of that... a few pro reviewers called this out and did not get a good response from the general public.