Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 410 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 410 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
The performance center that you got the car at was in South Carolina correct? How do you get that lined up? Just contact my CA and tell him I want the car sent there instead of dealership?
Yes, it's in Greer near Greenville/Spartanburg. Just tell your CA you want to do PCD and they'll arrange everything. It was a very simple process. They put you in one of their cars that's just like the one you purchased and do Emergency Braking, Road Course (slalom), and the skid pad (in the instructors car). Then you get to take the X5's on the off-road course and do a factory tour. The factory is closed to public tours but they're letting PCD folks do it which was nice. Finally there's lunch and then the delivery. They even put you up in the Greenville Marriott for the night before.

The delivery process was wonderful. You spend 1-1.5hrs in a 1-1 session with a delivery expert who goes every single aspect of the car. We even configured the Digital Key which works great.

I hope you get to do it. You'll love it!
Awesome. Is there a cost to it and am I too late as my car is in 112 status? Appreciate all of the detail of the experience.

And picking up in Spartanburg for me is way closer than going to Winston Salem where the dealership is. I live just north of Atlanta.
No cost. I'm sure it's not too late. It could delay your delivery though so just keep that in mind. I can go back through my emails and tell you what status my car was in when he set it up. I'm pretty sure that it was already in production when he did it. Let me know if that would be helpful for you and I'll dig it up.
No need to look up, but I appreciate the offer. I might reach out to my CA tomorrow to see if this an option and weigh things from there if it is.