07-05-2022, 02:39 PM   #22
Asymmetrick
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4/G82 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Seems a little off on the G80/82 wording.

Shadowline trim is an option on the base model manual transmission car, you get chrome badges, chrome tips, body colored spoiler and mirror caps. Adding Shadowline changes the spoiler, mirror caps and tips to black, leaves the badges chrome. $0 cost option.

If you wish to make an edit to your original post and it's easier to just copy and paste mine, you can do that as well. Just wanted to clear that up a little.
Thanks Limegrntaln; these are all great points. Here are some thoughts on the points you raised:

- Limegrntaln: Shadowline trim is an option on the base model manual transmission car.
- Asymmetrick: Depends on the country and terminology. Here is what I mean:

1) In all countries, manual and competition G80/G82 models have the base "Shadowline Exterior Trim" (option code 760). Some parts included with code 760 can be changed to carbon fiber variants (e.g., rear diffuser) but not all (e.g., window trims). So, Shadowline Exterior trim (option code 760) is not an option for the base G80/G82, it is included on all cars but the extent of it depends on the number of optional carbon fiber parts added to the car.

2) Regarding the "Extended Shadowline Trim" option (code 7M9) –which I believe you are referring to above–, this is a selectable option for the manual M3 and a deletable option on the competition models in the US. This is not true in all countries: in Canada code 7M9 is included on both the base and comp models (can also be deleted if desired). The take home message is: Code 7M9 is a no cost addition on the manual M3 (in the US), and a no cost deletion on the competition M3. In other words, you can have it any way you want at no cost.

- Limegrntaln: There is no Shadowline badge option for the manual cars.
- Asymmetrick: You may be right on this one. I tried to find an official BMW reference for the black M3/M4 badges being "Shadowline" and could not. Same situation for the main kidney grille, brake/air duct inlays (non-carbon version), and antenna cover who are also high-gloss black elements and could –technically– be considered Shadowline. Again no word from BMW on these elements. So, in the absence of official documentation on the badges, kidney grille and brake duct inlays being Shadowline, I decided to not discuss these elements in my post. Let me know if you find an official BMW reference for any of these elements being genuine Shadowline. I will gladly modify my post if this is the case. Even it it is not, I might include a new category of "Quasi-Shadowline" features such as the kidney grille, brake/air duct inlays (base variant), & antenna cover.

- Limegrntaln: There is no Shadowline badge option for the manual cars.
- Asymmetrick: Let me know if the badge is officially considered a Shadowline element by BMW.

- Limegrntaln: If you wish to make an edit to your original post and it's easier to just copy and paste mine, you can do that as well. Just wanted to clear that up a little.
- Asymmetrick: I will update my post shortly to include helpful/constructive comments from the community. Thanks for your comments – I appreciate!

Last edited by Asymmetrick; 07-05-2022 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0