View Single Post
      01-11-2023, 06:49 AM   #1
bdeardorf
Rep
Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

BMW North America no longer taking orders for MY23 M4?

I had originally tried to get an allocation through a local dealer for a 2023 M4 xDrive Competition. Sales guy originally thought he might have an allocation in a month or so but it turns out it was going to be 2+ months before he would get one. Checked with a few other area dealers and one dealership told me he would have 2 in January. Got my money back from dealer 1 and paid deposit to dealer 2....dealer 1 not happy.

Yesterday, I received a message from dealer 2: "We regret to inform you that BMW North America will be unable to fulfill your request for a MY23 M4. BMW is at the end of the production cycle for this model. They will be transitioning to the MY24 model, and this model could see some updates, such as iDrive 8. We can either hold your deposit and transition it to the MY24 and work with you to build that unit. Or we can refund this to you and we can reconnect at your convenience."

Of course, dealer 1 is still trying to email me and I basically told him what dealer 2 said and he responded by saying that has not happened yet and they never had an open allocation for January as they had promised.

Not sure who to believe and in the long run, not that big of a deal but I have never liked car salesman to begin with and I not sure who to trust at this point. Any idea if what either of them are they are saying is correct?
Appreciate 0