View Single Post
      05-17-2021, 07:28 AM   #257
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I completed everything on the 911 address sign except riveting the mounting brackets on yesterday. Looks awesome, if I do say so myself. Now, if we can get the closing date set for the lot it will be installed at.

With a little assistance from my electrician-in-law, I also managed to get the liberated PoE network switch hooked up in the basement and connected to the new buried network cable running out to my street-side security camera that was [barely] running on wifi up until yesterday. I pulled the power adapter from the camera and plugged in the PoE network cable...and nothing happened! After pulling the few hairs that I have left out of my head triple-checking my work, I went to check the camera specs on Amazon. Sure enough, none of this camera manufacturer's wifi security cameras support PoE on their ethernet connectors! Long story short, the options were to spend $15 for a PoE splitter box or $99 for a new/better camera with PoE (plus a 15% discount code weekend special). The new 4K (8MP) camera will be here tomorrow, and I'm sure that the extra resolution will help with reading license plates on passing cars.....
nyalpine907384.50