10-21-2022, 10:35 AM   #22
WWM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
I think it will get sound deadening removal just not as much. All CS models BMW had made in recent years get:

- Carbon hood
- carbon center console (id imagine the CS gets a custom center console so as to have cup holders, some creature comforts)
- some sound deadening removed
- some form of lightweight seat (I'd guess this is the normal carbon buckets as standard)
- CCBs as an option at the least
- forged alloys
- strut bracing (I'd expect the CS gets the CSLs strut brace)
- TI exhaust
- carbon trim/carbon shift paddles
- alcantara wheel

Unique to the CSL will be:
- manual buckets
- removed rear seats
- rear suspension (obviously the rose jointed rear suspension will be totally unique to the CSL due to its rear drive setup)
- rear welded backplate
- carbon trunk
- the full sound deadening

I guess the entire suspension will be different cause the CS is xdrive. So that's all up in the air. I'd expect both cars have totally unique damper tuning, suspension geometry, steering knuckles and dampers and damper setup, as well as software for steering etc. This is big money for engineering salaries etc and such, the CS will still be uniquely expensive.
That's a nice comprehensive list. I think you are spot on there.

However, as we have discussed in a different thread, I don't see the G80 CS having a bigger delta than past CS models over their competition counterparts. Maybe BMW swings for the fences here and that would get me even more excited about the car. But, I highly doubt there will be a significant suspension overhaul vs. a G80 X. Maybe some minor changes and new software. I'd be happy to be wrong though.