View Single Post
      04-29-2023, 07:56 AM   #74
ChargerHellcat
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp Xdrive FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon H View Post
Basically our ECU is locked and it's not quite like how it used to be where you can flash your own right away.

FEMTO handles the unlock and requires that you send your ECU their office in Finland.

BM3 (Bootmod3) is the engine tuning software. Once you get your ECU back from FEMTO, you can flash BM3 or MHD. You must purchase the license before it goes to FEMTO and AFAIK, you cannot change from one to the other without another send out to FEMTO. If you want to use ECUTek, that requires a ECU from a specific year BMW or first year MKV Supra. Send that along with your OEM ECU to FEMTO for them to clone it.

XHP is the transmission tuning software and a separate purchase and flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus38 View Post
"I’m sorry to be asking so much noob questions because i don’t understand all the tuning software that is used. None of this cost involve in an actual tune from a tuner correct?

is BM3 just the software? Is there other software?"

Bootmod3 aka BM3 is the turner software that allows us to tune the car. It would be like using HP tuners with your Hellcat. BM3 in itself cost $595. You get one free off the shelf (OTS) map with the purchase if BM3. If you want to buy all the OTS maps available it cost $100. Eventually I'm going to get my car pro tune on e50 but as of right now the OTS maps offer plenty of power. Now, there's 3 main flash tuning platforms for our cars. MHD, BM3, or ECUtek. BM3 and MHD requires you to send you DME to Femto so they can unlocked it. Unfortunately they are the only ones who can do it and it requires you to send your ecu to Finland. To run ECUtek you have to send you DME to Finland for them to unlock it and you have to find a pre 6/2020 X3m/X4M DME and have yours clone to it. Its a huge PITA so I recommend you just sticking with BM3 or MHD. You can't go wrong with either platform.

"Is XHP stage 3 map completely different cost?"

XHP is the software that allows us to tune our transmissions. Unlike the Hellcats which use HP tuners for both we have to use two different tuning program. XHP program along with the OTS maps cost about $480. I highly recommend you get it. The stage 3 map along with BM3 OTS E50 map is such lethal combo.

Thank you so much guys for the detail response. I get it now. Hellcat had the Diablo or HP tuner. So this is really similar.

The free off the shelf map is generic tune? If I want to custom tune, there’s options like Paul, Jordan and HCP? Does the generic tune remove the speed limiter?

Can you run flex tune on this if I don’t want to deal with mixing fuel for E30 or E40….and this is the really stupid question…When guys are mentioning they’re running E30, E40….All these mixes/fuel. They have to refuel at home right…?

I’ve never deal with mixing fuel before. I’m not looking to chase records. I’m looking for a little more sauce in case I run into Shelby GT 500 or stock Z06 that I can slay
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 0