Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
I'm on the fence with PPF. I just got a quote for $1600 to do the rockers, rear fender behind wheel, mirrors, partial hood and fenders and front bumper. I have never done anything like this before and always try take the best care of my car I can. I know this is the new thing to do is PPF and ceramic but man the money gets ridiculous in my opinion and there are draw backs from what I've read in some threads. I've had some cars 6 to 8 years and the chipping and road rash aren't that bad and I've had cars 3 years and plenty of chips. Just trying to weigh the best way to spend my money on this car without over doing it. I would much rather spend it on exhaust and other mods but I feel like all the gloss black on this car is gonna get beat to crap after a couple of years. I just don't know which direction to go?

Any advice?
I did full PPF on the front, plus the side skirts, and ceramic all over. I have BGM, which seems pretty low maintenance so far (in terms of showing dirt), and like you haven't really been too concerned about chips in the past, but I'm still glad I did it. At a minimum I would do the side skirts + mirror caps. I think without PPF on them the shiny black will look terrible in no time

Edit: I personally wouldn't do partial hood, I think that line in the middle of the hood looks bad and just collects dirt. I would do full hood or nothing.
I agree, the partial line on the hood is what turned my off PPF. I really like a clean car, both from dirt and chips etc. I'm now weighing the idea of at least doing the front of the car.

I lease my cars, but if the resale market is good when I'm looking at my next car, I sell my current car privately, sometimes gain $5k, one time $12k. So, whatever I can do to have a car in the best shape possible pleases me, and it good when I dispose of it.

This all said, I'm still on the fence about PPF.
I was quoted 1650.00 for bumper, side skirts, B pillar, mirrors and 45% tint for side and back window. Now if I can just get on his schedule.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
BardG212.50