12-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #77
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Not sure I agree, some are even getting annoyed that we dilute dedicated drag time threads with too much tracking related noise

It is a potential new area of strength for the M3/4 though so it’s natural there is some excitement over it.
That's also another disruptive change we saw during 2020. Forum is more excited for straight line performance while M used to be all about vehicle dynamics.

BMW M was proud to announce in 1993 that the e36 M3 only had 236ftlb unlike the MB C36 amg. This allowed for light weight build and lower inertion driveline with much better dynamic responses. Also the car was clearly more nimble and setting new standards in yaw dynamics back then. Even the latest F80 made this a priority, while the engine was also a real hammer wrt torque. With smart light weight build, it could combine dynamics with torque.

Now, we discuss mainly about 400m drag races between a mixture of highly tuned frankenstein cars without any warranty.

BTW just got a mail from my dealer, he states when I want a "dynamic performance oriented BMW", I certainly have to check out the X range! LOL!
Appreciate 1
lcs195636.00