06-18-2021, 07:01 PM   #55
evilalien
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
My order was submitted today and got my production number!

However I was told there is a potential 12 weeks delay on frozen paint (WTF) and was asked if I want to change the colour….. really love the frozen dark grey but cannot wait till next year with the possible new "luxury tax".

Anyone heard anything about delays in frozen paint?
This is exactly why I went from not getting Santorini back to getting it. I was told it would be $9000 and a 5 month production delay. My dealership checked with BMW after Santorini was approved, and got back to me with a revised cost ($4900) and commitment that the car would be delivered by EOY to avoid the tax.

It is possible they are bumping up Individual (incl frozen?) deliveries for Canada due to this. I don't know. Alternately, there might be an accelerated timeframe for Santorini since it was a launch colour on the M4 xDrive and they are spinning up production using the paint. That's a totally low-confidence theory based on pure conjecture.

In any case... I'm expecting my individual paint delivery in time. If they can't give me the requested production date in August and it slips further out that puts things at risk, I'm going to do Portimao + stealth wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct335i View Post
I know..lol.. my guess Bmw has some delays or their system are not updated correctly. My SA did tell me last week, that frozen blue might experience delays and I don't want to wait longer for G80. A year wait in killing me
But thank you for concern, I am happy with Tanzanite blue.
TBH, I always liked Tanzanite blue but since my wife's vehicle had a similar blue, I was going to with Frozen Portimao.

Not sure on xpel stealth even though I have seen some good looking wraps online. Any time lines for your order?
Tanzanite is nice. I like blue. I'm not big on "navy" blue on cars for some reason, but doesn't matter what I like. I reallllly wanted the frozen Portimao for a while, until I saw Santonini photos here.

No timeline confirmed, but my dealership asked for production in August which was based on consulting with BMW ahead of time. I'm waiting, impatiently, for email or phone confirmation from them

Last edited by evilalien; 06-18-2021 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: collapsing consecutive replies
Appreciate 1
ct335i119.50