View Single Post
      11-15-2023, 10:45 AM   #31
SoCalBimmerGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax327 View Post
Just picked up my new 24. When I picked it up the other day it was dark out. When I had it out today and noticed around the grill on both sides where it looks like the paint didn’t cover all the way. Pretty disappointed considering the cost of these vehicles. I sent the pics to my sales associate just now to let him know. I remember someone posting something with the same problem a few weeks ago. I would imagine the dealer will make this right.
If it is indeed a paint issue and the dealer is going to fix it I would suggest you take it where you want to take it and have them reimburse you and get the estimate of repairs fixed. Or make sure you know where it is going and do your own research on that repair facility. Knowing dealers they will go with the cheapest option to fix it. Happened to me on my X5. Got scratched during service and they took it to the dealerships paint and body. Had to go back three times and still wasn't right. I was selling the car anyway but would never let a dealer touch my paint ever again after that.

Secondly you should call BMW NA once fixed. Tell them about the issue and how long the car was in the shop getting fixed. They will put in a case issue for it and essentially decide how to compensate you. My X5 was at the dealer for 2 months waiting for a part (warranty thing). They issued me a check for 1 of my car payments. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 1
Jax327478.00