Quote:
Originally Posted by modat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
This is a stupid question, I keep on hearing people calling the genius. Is there a number you can just call and give the production number and they can tell what's going on with your build. When I originally submitted my build after securing the allocation. It was week 48 then my SA told me week 50. It hasn't moved in the tracking at all, no updates or anything in two full weeks.
Here's BMW's genius hotline for North America – (844)443-6487

When you call, just wait until for the automated message to tell you to hit 0 and hit 0. You have to go through a few "menus" but hit 0 each time until it directs you to a live person. Just tell the genius that you'd like for them to track your car and tell you if they have any information for you, and that you have a production number. Give it to 'em, and they'll tell you exactly what's going on. They can be pretty insightful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
I am tempted to just pay a 5-10K ADM for one I can get this week from a dealer holding one hostage. Pisses me off they are charging that much. But I want my car now and what other choices do I have. I either wait and probably get pushed out another time or two. Or pay to play now. Sigh.
This is a tough decision given your situation. How different is the car that's on the lot vs. the one you've ordered? If it's relatively similar or you're not too picky about the finishes/interior/options, then I'd say go for it. I'd assess your "must have" options and if the car on the lot has it, why not take it? Depending on your financial situation, you can always make back 5-10k, but time is something you'll never get back.

Something else to consider: will you be driving the car over the winter? Your location says the OC, but if you're located elsewhere and if you plan on barely driving it (or not at all), then consider waiting for your desired car. No point in paying way over sticker on a car that's just going sit over the next few months when you could've held out a bit and gotten exactly what you wanted to begin with.

There's no right or wrong answer, just personal feelings and anecdotes. I could've nabbed a 2021 G80 M3 in IOMG on black interior for $4k above sticker + $2k shipping, but I decided to order my exact desired spec with individual paint and just live with my Model Y for now. My Tesla will be traded in for roughly the same amount (since I don't drive often) and I don't have to worry about salt on the roads, getting winter tyres for the northeast winter, etc. for the G80 M3 that I really didn't want to begin with.
I'm not sure if I should of called. When I ordered my call it was scheduled for week 48, then dealer told me week 50. I called the genius and they're telling me week 5….looks like I'll be lucky to get it in the spring.
Ugh. Sorry man. What's your spec?
Frozen dark grey
KO in full leather
Red calipers with 826 gloss black
Executive package
Laser lights
Interior carbon fiber pack
Exterior carbon fiber pack
Professional package
Parking assistance package.
That's brutal dude, I'm sorry.

Must have been the frozen paint which pushed you

What's your order status? Scheduled production or order received?
Order received. I called today because it's been two weeks since the order was submitted and it's still just saying order received. I was told it would take an additional month for individual color, this seems a little bit longer.
2012 - Charger SRT 392 - Sold
2009 - Charger SRT 6.1 - Sold
Appreciate 0