View Single Post
      12-22-2021, 07:44 PM   #16
madpistol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightngsvt View Post
It was used and still sold for $1k over MSRP? I hope the car market doesn't crash like the housing market did in 06-09.

I know. When my dealer said the car was worth less than the residual I asked them why that was since they had 2- listed on their website for $7k more than my residual with roughly the same mileage. Of course, I never got a clear answer.
Dealerships being dealerships. Obviously we don't expect them to pay us what the cars are worth because they have to turn a profit. HOWEVER, we do expect fair market value for our trade, and on a like-new or lightly used M340i, that equates to about $3k-5k below selling price. Usually, that can be made up in the trade, especially since many used M340i's are at or above the price of BRAND NEW M340is on dealer lots... because dealers can't get the brand new ones. And brand new M3/M4s are going for $10k above sticker in some places.

It makes no sense to me. You would think a sale is a sale in this market. Moving cars makes them look better to BMW HQ.

All I know is that if I don't get my next car for MSRP (it will be a custom order), I ain't buying.
Appreciate 2
Osage49.00