View Single Post
      04-21-2023, 07:39 AM   #295
Bleaus64
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 on the way in port now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
I just had the Track installed on my M4 Comp. Cold start: sounds as loud as one of my C6 Vettes with Bullets! Really great! Revving in Sport+: loud, can get some burbles--not a lot and certainly not sounding like an AK-47! But deep, loud and powerful. Inside: Much louder--NO drone--but that is me. Drone never bothered me in the Vettes. But the funny thing is, even though it is louder, the sound proofing in a luxury car will muffle it to some degree. Hear burbles on over-run particularly. With the sound control on--Much better burbles. I don't know why, and it still sounds good with it off, but--again to me--just better with it on. Compared to previously--stock exhaust but valves wired full open, much more performance car sound.

Is it worth $2000+? Honestly, probably not. But in my case, pleased with the upgrade. And the truth is most of the exhaust parts for BMWs have a high BMW tax. Maybe not Porsche level, but higher than M-B, Audi, or Corvette. So, you pay to play and AWE certainly isn't the worst. Got it from Kies--in stock and shipped the same day with 5% Veteran discount. It is a good looking system, as well. I have chrome tips which I prefer, as with Shadowline, the car has nothing else shiney and looks good from the rear--a bit of contrast.
Sweet! and at the end of the day it’s all how it makes YOU feel and that you can’t put a price on👍
Appreciate 0