08-26-2022, 04:53 PM   #9
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
At the PC, I followed the lead driving instructor, Derek, as he bombed around the place during my private lesson. Even when I got comfortable with the driving line and braking points, I couldn't quite catch him.

What's funny is that he was watching me closely through his rear-view mirror, offering real-time critiques about what I was doing wrong. He was delivering this information through a hand-held radio. So, basically, he was driving with only one hand on the wheel, and only occasionally looking ahead at the track, through some wet portions, giving me critiques, while hitting triple-digit speed and staying comfortably ahead of me as I tried my best to keep up.

Towards the end of the day, at one point, he exclaimed "wow, I almost have to put the radio down, you're getting too close!" I considered that a victory of sorts.
My X7 production date moved up from 9/1 to 8/31 and I did a little dance this morning. It's the small wins in life you have to celebrate am-I-right?

I do wish the instructor at this event pushed the car a bit more. He was going a bit too slow for my taste. I decided to hang back a bit so I could speed up and really push it through some of the corners only to catch back up to the pack quickly.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1